Thursday 4 April 2019

Beauty of Having a Relationship with Self

It has been quite a while since my last post.  My readers have been wondering what have I been up to. Now I can tell you:  I am exploring something very unique and something very beautiful lately.  I am having a relationship with myself.

What is meant by having a relationship by one's self?

Do you remember the time when you had a relationship with other people?  Your parents, friends, relatives, partners, or pets?  A relationship with self is more like a feeling you develop for yourself whenever you think about you as a person. 

Confused?

OK.  Let's work it out:  Visualize a Rose in your mind.  How do you see it?  Is it big or small?  What color is it?  How does it smell or how strong is that smell? Is is a lone bud about to be sprouted or is it in its full bloom? Is it thick or thin petaled? Is it round or oval in shape?  Is it healthy or is it withering away? Is it alone or has company? Does it have thorns?  What's their size?  Are they hindering someone to touch the Rose or absent from the plant?



There is no right or wrong answers.  These are just your imagination of the Rose in question.

Now blank your mind and visualize Yourself instead of the Rose which you saw earlier and ask yourself the same questions.  What is the answer? 

Again, your answer is neither right nor wrong.  It is how you perceive yourself.  A relationship with self is more like how much do you:


  • invest in your self
  • understand your self
  • what's your self worth in your eyes?
  • how do you treat yourself when no one is looking or in a crowded sense?
  • what opinions or judgments or feedback influence your thought process about yourself?
When you start realizing the importance of your own worth, you start developing a relationship with yourself.  

A true person is not the one who has more wealth or who has more credibility or who is more praised by others.  A true person is someone who has a brighter and clearer perspective of oneself and their ambitions in life.  A true person is someone who attracts others like a magnet.  People just cannot get enough of the light the shines from the true person.  The light does not harm other people around you then.  Nor does negativity sweeps through you as easily as it used to do earlier.

After all the training and certifications which I have done over a period of time, I realized the importance of having a stronger self worth and a better relationship with myself has led me towards success.  It no longer matters what people think anymore.  

I have been taking care of myself without compromising on my routine at any point of time.  This has also developed a more productive state of mind and affairs. My efficiency has increased and so has my self confidence.  I am always motivated now to try more things with myself, leading towards a more exciting and fulfilling life.


The pros are so many that its very interesting how my life has turned out.  Some people, who criticized or disapproved automatically from my life.  This made my life simpler to live and enjoy.  Some people who struggled initially to understand and went off on their own discoveries of self, came back and reported that they have a better peace of mind.  This has helped us with building strong relationships with each other once more.  Some people who were very clingy in natures, lost their hold and backed off.  This brought more space and flexibility in me.  I have more control on matters than matters have over me.

Why am I all of a sudden talking about this?  You may be wondering.

It is because to show you that having a relationship with one self feels not only very different but it also helps you build a stronger relationship with others.  The more you respect yourself, the more respect for people is reflected out of you.  You start appreciating life and this fills you up with gratitude.  You start feeling stress free and this state of mind is the topic of envy for many.

Best part is:  You really can start this at any point of time.  It's ageless and timeless.  Furthermore, it attracts good and positive things towards you.  Your health improves too. 

The canvas of your self identity is blank.  Only YOU have the POWER to fill it up!




Now, now I will not tell you everything.  Explore it yourself and let me know how did it go for you!

Do you want to learn how to go about it?  You can contact Coach Shruti Misra through Entrenador Consulting.  Details are mentioned on this blog.  The beauty of our organization is, that we not only preach but also make it a practice.  We live and contribute towards our development, only then we can reach out towards building a bridge for your development towards success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Lessons through the Kintsugi - A Japanese Art form

Sometime back, on our company's facebook page, I had posted a link about Kintsugi.  I believe a few of you were wondering what that was ...