Today I am going to share with you few incidences:
When I was in middle school, I used to be a very pessimistic in nature. Whenever people mentioned something different, I always found faults with their views and opinions. Lack of exposure, openness and understanding resulted in this kind of mindset. I was a frog in a well.
Later on and as years passed by, I grew up and saw that all of a sudden people started avoiding me. They just disappeared and made excuses to be elsewhere. I was surprised at this but over looked it. When I reached college, and the same attitude continued and in a different place, I realised it was time for some concrete introspection.
After many days, I started watching my thinking patterns. I started to observe people and I realized that over a period of time, and unknowingly, I had started to absorb the negativity around me and that resulted in my personality.
Negativity is very easy to dorn. It is very addictive too. Talking to self using negative expressions, finding fault with everyone and attracting kind of company too started hampering my growth.
I decided to change all of that one day. This was a very tough process. Shedding was not so easy. Positivity gave slower results than negative mindset.
I went to people to give me feedback which can help me improve. I went to find ways to improve. Finally a day came when I started to feel the magic of positivity taking over my personality.
Today, I realized that no matter the tough journey I had undertaken to develop an optimistic mindset, the amount of time invested maintaining it is much harder that the first half.
Though in this journey of self discovery, I realized a lot of things:
- Sadly, I saw many people come to realize a little too late about their own limited beliefs.
- Many people are still trapped in their own mindsets and traditions. I am not against any tradition and I truly respect all cultures. Though there are certain man made practices which I do not agree with.
- When I started to realize my potential, I found a lot of people started having problems. They created more problems. Soon it became nothing short of an evergreen field of obstacles course.
- finding a path for myself
- got me to toughen up
- gave me the willpower to succeed
- get creative with problems
- find a middle path to solutions
- get better control over my emotions
- made me more practical
- gave me strength to either find or create opportunities that will lead me to success one after the other.
- I no longer attracted negative people only. I was a magnet for positive people as well. People from all walks of life started interacting with me and seeked out my company wherever I went.
- I was complimented that I brought smiles on people's faces.
- With so much of positive energies surrounding me, I started attracting lucrative profiles that added weightage to my resume
- My self esteem returned and so did faith in my abilities