Thursday 12 July 2018

Power of Choice




Over the years of my life and corporate experience, I have come across people from all walks of life who have asked me questions like:


  • If I change job A to B, will it help progress my career further?
  • If I change the way I am, will it help get the desired results?
  • If he/she tells me to modify my attitude in a certain manner, will it be considered right?
  • I am unable to progress in the same role, would you advise that I should change my career altogether?
  • Having years of experience as an IT professional, do you consider that I can now establish myself as an entrepreneur?  If yes, what are my options?
  • I have 10 years of experience as mechanical engineer.  Now I am thinking of starting my own business.  I am clueless as how should I go about the matter.  But family does not desire me to take this path.  What should I do?
  • I am coming back from maternity leave and also have a gap of 5 years.  Unable to get a job, what options do I have now to make it back in the industry?

Recently, I got a query on Quora, about what is option is better:  Having own's business or a job?
(ref. link: https://www.quora.com/Which-is-better-a-job-or-a-business/answer/Shruti-Misra-13)  

Having answered the above question philosophically, I wanted to reach out to people through this blog, that no matter what you are, where you are, who you are and how you are, you have the ability and POWER to make a CHOICE as how to lead your life YOUR WAY.




There is no right or wrong profession.  There is no correct or incorrect path in the journey of life.  It is actually the choice you make today that guides your life forward by the actions you have taken to reach that objective in life.

Everyone has their own set of experiences and learning.  The obstacles of one may not seem important to another person.  If you make a choice today, you may face resistance.  But if you stick to them today, you will get the fruits you have worked for long one day.

Through this blog, I wanted to share with my readers that no matter who you are or where you are or what have you been through, this life is only ruled by your choices.  No body has a will to influence you or take decisions on your behalf, if you are clear on your goals and objectives in life.  Even if you are not, do not worry.  Make a choice and take an action today, and you will have a life which you deserve tomorrow.

Like I say that choices without action are incomplete fantasies.  In order to make your dream and goals a reality, ACT NOW.  Do not worry if things did not turn out the way you have imagined.  Keep trying till you have achieved it.  Find a middle path to negotiate your way forward.  Find balance to keep everything under your control.

Take ACCOUNTABILITY of your ACTIONS and OWN your CHOICES in life, and you will find paths that lead to SUCCESS shortly.

Remember, "where there's a will, there's a way".




- Article contributed by Entrenador Shruti Misra, a Neuro-Leadership & Business Coach.  We facilitate guest lectures, coaching and training programs in helping people realize their "Power of Choice".  To know more, get in touch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Lessons through the Kintsugi - A Japanese Art form

Sometime back, on our company's facebook page, I had posted a link about Kintsugi.  I believe a few of you were wondering what that was ...